All about this tour
Looking for a nature-packed experience in Iran on two wheels? Look no further – this 11-day cycling tour delivers a good serving of both mountain and forest. You’ll see a wide variety of Iran’s finest landscapes from narrow valleys to the lush green expanse of the Lar Valley, and the vast desert in Maranjab with its long sandy dunes and ancient caravanserais.
The journey begins in Tehran, where we begin to get a feel for Iranian history and culture. From here we pedal to the lush foothills of Mount Damavand and to the beautiful remote mountain villages of Yoosh and Kogoor. Admire the diverse flora and fauna and rich birdlife of the valley. You will also have the opportunity to explore the traditional architecture and meet the locals at these friendly villages.
After riding along tranquil forest roads and through the silence of the desert, it’s time to sample the splendour of Iran’s famous cities. Absorb the glory of Iran with its UNESCO world heritage sites. The contrasts of bustling bazaars, scenic splendor and ancient ruins will bring to life everything you expect from this incredible country.
- Duration: 11 days
- Cycling days: 6 days
- Cycling distance: 310km
- Cycling grade: Moderate/strenuous
- Max altitude: 3150m
- Accommodation style: Hotel, Camp
- Best Season: End of April up to the middle of January or the end of September up to the middle of November.
INCLUDED IN QUOTED PRICE
- Visa invitation letter and reference number.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary from airport- to-airport by private vehicle.
- 4 stars hotels in cities.
- All expenses of our guide and porter.
- English spiking cycling guide during the tour.
- All meals during the tour.
- Chef during cycling tours.
- Procurement team for putting up and collecting the tents, and also helping the chef.
- Portage of all baggage and bicycles.
- Taking care of the bicycles during the cycling tour.
- Providing a suitable place for assembling and dissembling the bikes on the first and last day of the tour.
- Cars with AC for transportation between and inside the cities.
- Providing mineral water, snacks and fruit during the cycling tour.
- All of the necessary camping gears including tents, cooking devices, cutleries, first aid kits.
- For the group up to 15 pax 2 4WD cars, and a small truck will accompany the tour.
- Providing suitable storage for bike cases from the beginning until the end of the tour.
- Providing cardboard cartons for bikes if necessary.
- All entrance fees to attractions.
Not INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Iran visa fee.
- Personal expenses like phone calls and room services.
- Personal equipment and clothing.
- Travel insurance.
- Cold drinks and beverages.
- Sleeping bags and mattress.
How fit do I need to be for this cycling? Can people of my age do this Hike?
Everyone with a good level of fitness can enjoy this cycling tour.
Doing exercise like swimming, running, and tracking before arriving in Iran will help by improving your comfort and performance.
Arrival in Tehran, transfer to hotel and enjoy afternoon panoramic sightseeing. Visit the Tabiat complex and bridge. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Transfer to Fasham (a small village in north of Tehran) and start cycling for 40km to Uoniza Lar Valley (near to Damavand mountain). Overnight stay at the Camp.
Cycling about 40km to the Win Mountain, Pakabood pass (about 3000m) up to Yoosh village. Overnight stay at the Camp or local house.
Cycling about 50km to via Royan pass (2900m), Kojoor village. Transfer by car to Caspian Sea. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Drive back to Tehran, afternoon sightseeing. Overnight hotel.
Drive to Garmsar city (in east of Tehran) start cycling to Ghasr e bahram caravanserai about 55 KM. Overnight stay at caravanserai.
Cycling to Aab Sefid caravanserai about 65km. Overnight tent.
Cycling to Maranjab caravanserai about 60km, overnight in caravanserai or up to you, transfer to Kashan and overnight hotel.
Drive to Isfahan, afternoon sightseeing. Overnight hotel.
Full day Isfahan city tour. Overnight hotel.
According to flight time, transfer to Tehran airport.