All about this tour
Our cycling tour begins in Shiraz – the home of roses, poets, education and wine. It’s a great place to start our journey with its tell-tale ruins of a once powerful, and gracious empire. You won’t have any trouble finding things to do in Shiraz. Wander its streets, get lost in its gardens, barter at the bazaar, admire stunning mosques or try the rich tastes of Iranian wine.
120 km northwest of Shiraz is the “Lost Paradise” protected area and the beautiful Margoon waterfall. Riding to this spectacular area on two wheels, you will experience the natural landscape of Iran and interact with the local nomads. You’ll see green valleys, glistening streams, dense trees, agriculture and eye-catching beauty.
Down the road is the UNESCO world heritage site of Persepolis – the jewel of Persia and the number one tourist attraction in all of Iran. Two-thousand-five-hundred years ago, Cyrus united cultures and founded the Persian Empire – the greatest empire the world had ever known. The mighty ceremonial city of Persepolis was built, and Kings were laid to rest at the nearby wondrous rock-face tombs. Here you will join a guided tour where you can revel in the ancient architecture and breathtaking monuments. You are truly in the heart of the Empire!
- Duration: 9 days
- Cycling days: 5 days
- Cycling distance: 230km
- Cycling grade: moderate / strenuous
- Max altitude: 2,800m
- Accommodation style: Hotel, Camp
- Best Season: From end of March up to middle of November
INCLUDED IN QUOTED PRICE
- Visa invitation letter and reference number.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary from airport- to-airport by private vehicle.
- 4 stars hotels in cities.
- All expenses of our guide and porter.
- English spiking cycling guide during the tour.
- All meals during the tour.
- Chef during cycling tours.
- Procurement team for putting up and collecting the tents, and also helping the chef.
- Portage of all baggage and bicycles.
- Taking care of the bicycles during the cycling tour.
- Providing a suitable place for assembling and dissembling the bikes on the first and last day of the tour.
- Cars with AC for transportation between and inside the cities.
- Providing mineral water, snacks and fruit during the cycling tour.
- All of the necessary camping gears including tents, cooking devices, cutleries, first aid kits.
- For the group up to 15 pax 2 4WD cars, and a small truck will accompany the tour.
- Providing suitable storage for bike cases from the beginning until the end of the tour.
- Providing cardboard cartons for bikes if necessary.
- All entrance fees to attractions.
Not INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Iran visa fee.
- Personal expenses like phone calls and room services.
- Personal equipment and clothing.
- Travel insurance.
- Cold drinks and beverages.
- Sleeping bags and mattress.
How fit do I need to be for this cycling? Can people of my age do this Hike?
Everyone with a good level of fitness can enjoy this cycling tour.
Doing exercise like swimming, running, and tracking before arriving in Iran will help by improving your comfort and performance.
Arrive in Shiraz. Evening sightseeing (according to arrival time).
Full day sightseeing in Shiraz.
Drive to Sepidan city. Start cycling to Margoon waterfall (45km). Overnight stay in tent.
Cycling on mountain roads and among nomads to Pasdaran village for 45km. Overnight stay in tents.
Cycling on mountain and black roads to Borragh valley (55km). Overnight stay in tents.
Cycling on mountain and black road to Bostanak valley (45km). Overnight stay in tents.
Cycling on mountain and black road to Dorood zan Lake and city (40km). Transfer by car to visit Naghsh e Rostam. Overnight stay in hotel close to Persepolis.
Visit Persepolis and drive to Shiraz for afternoon sightseeing (or fly to Tehran). Overnight stay in hotel.
Transfer to Tehran airport.