All about this tour
Escape the chaos of the city and embark on a cycling tour with Aus Travel and Tour to witness the natural charms of Iran – from heavenly lush forests, to flowing streams and spectacular valleys. Along the way we ride through untouched villages and savour delicious dishes prepared by our welcoming friends.
This cycling tour connects two very different sides of the Alborz Mountains – two completely different worlds with contrasting climates. It is indeed a popular travel route for Iranians.
On a clear day you can see the mountains rising just north of Tehran, which creates a dramatic wall towering 8,000 feet above the city. The Alborz (signifying High Guard in Old Persian), is the highest mountain range in the Middle East that stretches in a long arc across the top of Iran, from the border with Azerbaijan almost to the outliers of the Hindu Kush. The Central Alborz contains Iran’s highest point, the mighty Mount Damavand.
Both culturally and geographically, the Alborz Mountains separate two worlds. To the south lies the parched plateau, with a great desert at its heart. Thanks to the perennial streams that originate in the hills, cities have flourished for centuries at the foot of the Alborz including Rayy, Nishapur, Qazvin, and not to mention Tehran.
North of the mountains is the lush Caspian littoral – a land of rice paddies, tea plantations and orange groves. To the east the climate quickly grows drier and here you will experience beautiful valleys with streams on one side and high hills on the other.
Iran’s varied and dramatic landscapes offer a wealth of awe inspiring, unspoilt views to discover by bike. The rides are mostly on tranquil paved and dirt roads that will lead you through the magnificent natural surroundings along the Caspian Sea.
- Duration: 8 days
- Cycling days: 4 days
- Cycling distance: 170km
- Cycling grade: Moderate/strenuous
- Max altitude: 3,150m
- Accommodation style: Hotel, Camp
- Best Season: End of April up to middle of November
INCLUDED IN QUOTED PRICE
- Visa invitation letter and reference number.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary from airport- to-airport by private vehicle.
- 4 stars hotels in cities.
- All expenses of our guide and porter.
- English spiking cycling guide during the tour.
- All meals during the tour.
- Chef during cycling tours.
- Procurement team for putting up and collecting the tents, and also helping the chef.
- Portage of all baggage and bicycles.
- Taking care of the bicycles during the cycling tour.
- Providing a suitable place for assembling and dissembling the bikes on the first and last day of the tour.
- Cars with AC for transportation between and inside the cities.
- Providing mineral water, snacks and fruit during the cycling tour.
- All of the necessary camping gears including tents, cooking devices, cutleries, first aid kits.
- For the group up to 15 pax 2 4WD cars, and a small truck will accompany the tour.
- Providing suitable storage for bike cases from the beginning until the end of the tour.
- Providing cardboard cartons for bikes if necessary.
- All entrance fees to attractions.
Not INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Iran visa fee.
- Personal expenses like phone calls and room services.
- Personal equipment and clothing.
- Travel insurance.
- Cold drinks and beverages.
- Sleeping bags and mattress.
How fit do I need to be for this cycling? Can people of my age do this Hike?
Everyone with a good level of fitness can enjoy this cycling tour.
Doing exercise like swimming, running, and tracking before arriving in Iran will help by improving your comfort and performance.
Arrival Tehran, transfer to hotel, afternoon panoramic sightseeing, visit “Tabiat” complex and bridge. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Full day sightseeing in Tehran. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Transfer to “Fasham” (a small village in north of Tehran) start cycling about 40 km to Lar Valley (near Mount Damavand). Overnight stay at the Camp.
Cycling about 40 km beet Win Mountain, “Pakabood” pass (about 3,000m) up to “Yoosh” village. Overnight stay at the Camp or local house.
Day 5: Cycling about 50km to “Royan” pass (2,900m), Kojoor village till to “Delesm” village. Overnight stay at the Camp.
Cycling about 40km via Caspian forest to “Chaloos” city. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Free time in the morning, afternoon transfer to Tehran by car. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Transfer to airport.